News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

List of Materials - Total Track Length.

Started by Chris, February 04, 2009, 09:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hi David.

Can you tell how the total length is calculated. I really cannot believe that my 1.8m x 0.6m layout contains 30.75m of track (even if points are couted twice).

All the best,
Chris.
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________

David

Hi Chris,

Unless there's a big mistake in the software, I think you underestimate the amount of track you've used.

I count 11 horizontal stretches, adding up to about 20 meters, and then all those sidings.

In principle, all track is calculated. For straight and curved sections, it's obvious.
For turnouts, it's a simple addition of both routes, not counting the same track twice.

The list of materials shows the lengths by element type as well. Maybe that helps you to check where all those meters go  :)

David.

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Chris

Thanks David. It's the 43 turnouts that are the problem; with about 110mm each that adds some 4.75 metres to the total. That makes sense. Sorry to have bothered you.

I iwll still feel a bit of a fraud whan I say that htere is over 30m of track even so.

Best wishes,
Chris.
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________