News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

SHOW tab: Endpoints, Connections, Control Points not working as intended

Started by TrainzLuvr, November 25, 2017, 03:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainzLuvr

Hi,

Trying to understand what Endpoints, Connections, Control Points do in the SHOW tab, as things do not seem to work as intended here.

First, I'm not clear what Endpoints does because nothing happens?

Connections does appear to work and it hides the track connections, but isn't that the same as Endpoints? Also there's confusion here between Endpoints and Track Ends, latter seems to apply only to sectional track according to the manual.

Control Points appears to partially work. It hides the circle helpers from shapes/surfaces, but the track Control Points (crosses) remain. I believe this might be a bug.

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to hide everything and have a continuous line without interruptions.

Also, how do I emphasize the "main" line by making it bolder than the rest of the track, the way some track plans do that you can find in magazines or on the internet?

Thanks.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

David

Endpoints and Connections apply to the track. The endpoints are the triangles and the connections are the circles. If you want, you can use the checkboxes to make them disappear.

The Control points refer to the circles used for lines and surfaces. The crosses for the flex track, although also called control points, remain, but will never be printed or exported in a picture. If you 'freeze' a flex, the flex control points disappear.

If switch the drawing of the connections off, and try Track ends, you'll see what it does. It draw lines between the track elements. When printed, this might be more useful than the connections sometimes.

At the moment, you cannot influence the line width to indicate main lines.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

TrainzLuvr

Thanks for the speedy reply, David.

Would it be possible to include the flex track "crosses" in the Control Points toggle, for visual display enhancement?

It would benefit previewing the track on screen, without having to export or print a layout each time.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr