News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

I've been asked about my layout....

Started by Mike from CT, December 03, 2017, 11:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike from CT

I've been asked about my layout.  Unfortunately, it was designed long ago (2011) and the .any files have long since been lost.  But I did find a .png of one of the last designs before construction on another model railroading website.  In some ways it's grown (there's a an abandoned coal distributer, a propane distributor and an oil refinery in the upper right,  but here's what it was supposed to look like in 2011 and pretty much what it looks like today, except most of the structures and scenery are still on a to do list or sub-par, to put it gently.  It's loads of fun to operate, if you like switching - which explains the lack of progress on making it look even passable.

mrsax2000

You could always recreate it.  Take some birds-eye picks and use them under the plan for scenery etc.
:P

Mike from CT

Actually, that's a good idea - even better than the one I had which is to recreate it from the .png attached above because there were some improvements/changes made later.  Only problem is I can't think of a good reason to redraw it.  It's already been built (except for some of the industries and much of the ground cover) and I'm having more fun designing the layout I'd build if I were 30, won the lottery several times over and a club of 20 or more members, just to operate it.

mrsax2000

Exactly. Other than having a plan, which you don't need, it would be a lot of time spent when you could be running trains.