News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Editing straight, curve and easement type flex tracks

Started by Sven, December 09, 2017, 06:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven

The option to set certain parameters to a flex track is really helpful. This way you can create easily straight tracks or curves with set length/radius. And in most cases these parameters can be edited later as well which is great.
What I don't quite understand is, that the flex track looses this ability in certain circumstances:
- Straight flex: After cutting a straight flex and the disconnecting it on one end, I cannot edit the length. However, If I disconnect it also on the other end, then the length is editable.
(For a curve flex after cutting this works already if it is still connected on one end).
- A flex that previously has not been modified using either of these three functions, and is connected on one side only: Here it would be helpful if I could still use 'straight', 'curve' or 'easement' as I can't see why this should not be possible.
Or am I missing something?

David

The 'straight flex' function should be available if zero or one end is connected.
The other functions only if the flex is unconnected.

The reason is that they would need an extra parameter in the case it's connected at one end.
For curve: clockwise or counterclockwise, and for easement: straight or curved side.

This would make it slightly more complicated to use.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Sven

Thanks for the rapid reply, David.
I understand reagrding the additional parameters now.

Quote from: David on December 09, 2017, 06:27:41 PM
The 'straight flex' function should be available if zero or one end is connected.
The other functions only if the flex is unconnected.

Actually the curve and easment functions are not only availabe if the flex is unconnected, but also if I connected it to one end (when I set the parameters already before I connected it). This I find very helpful as e.g. then I can vary the radius to get to a certain location without having to unconnect it.

For a straight then it looks like a bug to me that I cannot edit the length after cutting and disconnecting one end. For a curve this works.

Sven

Quote from: Sven on December 09, 2017, 06:36:30 PM
For a straight then it looks like a bug to me that I cannot edit the length after cutting and disconnecting one end. For a curve this works.
I've realized that the non-ediatiblity seems to happen only on one of the two ends of a straight flex track:
When I disconnect one end while the other is still connected, and I cannot edit the length now, it helps when I re-connect that end and disconnect the other. Then I can edit its length.
But it would be better of course if length editing would not be dependent on which end I disconnect...