News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Anyrail exits unexpectedly

Started by wefer, December 12, 2017, 12:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wefer

Hi.
I'm with the trial version and I really want to buy this program. Anyway, I'm having troubles with Anyrail unexpected termination exiting to desktop. For example sometimes when I click the 3D view button and Anyrail finish without an error or any kind of message. Problem appears more usually using 3D view, but it could happen with other tools too.
Is this a known issue? Is there a log where I could find error messages to discover what is causing this problem?

My computer: Intel i5, Nvidia Geforce GTX1050 and Windows 10 Professional 64 bits Spanish.

Thanks in advance.

Sven

Did you try to update your graphics driver? Quite often issues related to graphics (especially 3d) can be solved by updating to the latest graphics driver. You find it on Nvidia.com.

wefer

Thanks for your help.
I tried to update to last drivers from Nvidia but didn't works. It seems like the problem now is less frequent but is still there, especially when entering 3D view.

Any help would be appreciate.

David

Do you get a crash report? If so, could you please send it to us for analysis?
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

wefer

Quote from: David on December 15, 2017, 10:51:01 PM
Do you get a crash report? If so, could you please send it to us for analysis?
Where can I find that crash report? There is no related event in the Windows Event Viewer.

David

The crash report appears when the program crashes, and asks if it can be sent to us.

We've received two other complaints about the 3D viewer last week. Nothing has changed in the program itself, so perhaps it's related to a Windows update.
So far, we heard that updating the video drivers solved the issue.

In your case, this doesn't seem to have helped. Could you please email your track plan to us? Perhaps there's a different cause.

wefer

Quote from: David on December 17, 2017, 10:58:47 AMThe crash report appears when the program crashes, and asks if it can be sent to us.
Thanks.
The program exits without any error message. It simply disappears.

Quote from: David on December 17, 2017, 10:58:47 AMCould you please email your track plan to us? Perhaps there's a different cause.
I attach the track plan here. Problem happens more frequently using 3D view after changing heights but only sometimes.

Thanks

David

Thanks for sending the test plan.

So far, I've not been able to reproduce the issue here unfortunately. That makes it very hard to solve this.
We'll run some further tests, but in the meantime, if you can add any information, that would be great trying to hunt this down.

CharlesR

I came to discuss the same issue and found this thread so thought I'd reply here.
Here is what I have found.  When opening the 3D viewer, especially after making a change to drawing such as changing the types of track from"bridge to normal" or hidden etc. and then you enter 3D mode it simply exits the program with no notice.  I will check my video drivers and update if needed.  This all started for me a few days ago when I reviewed a file someone had uploaded here.  I have no idea if there is a connection.  This does not happen all the time and sometimes happens repeatedly.

Charlie

I just checked and my drivers are up to date.

poppy2201

Quote from: CharlesR on January 04, 2018, 10:05:34 PM
I came to discuss the same issue and found this thread so thought I'd reply here.
Here is what I have found.  When opening the 3D viewer, especially after making a change to drawing such as changing the types of track from"bridge to normal" or hidden etc. and then you enter 3D mode it simply exits the program with no notice.  I will check my video drivers and update if needed.  This all started for me a few days ago when I reviewed a file someone had uploaded here.  I have no idea if there is a connection.  This does not happen all the time and sometimes happens repeatedly.

Charlie

I just checked and my drivers are up to date.

Charlie you are correct.  I just changed 2 of my Kato track pieces to indicate they were bridges, viewed it in 3D, went back to 2D view, changed those pieces back to standard track, clicked 3D view and the program closed.  I have only been able to replicate this one time so far. 

My thoughts are that it has something to do with Windows 10.  No Windows error message when it closes.

UPDATE: I was able to replicate it a second time.  Okay, changed another piece to hidden and clicked 3D view and the program closes with no error message.

Regards,
Charles
Charles J.

poppy2201

Okay, I replicated it again.  Changed another 2 pieces to hidden, clicked 3D and the program closes.  Of course those changes don't get saved and I have found if I change those same 2 pieces to hidden again and then click 3D the program does not close.  This is puzzling as it doesn't always occur.
Charles J.

Tom Springer

I tried the Sin título layout on a Windows 7 desktop and a Windows 10 tablet, along with my own layout attempts, and could not get a failure.  Is there something specific, a list of specific actions on a specific track segment in the Sin título layout, to try to repeat the actions leading to failure on the various Windows 10 systems?  Anything to help further guide David?
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

David

The weird thing is that the same 3D code is used for a year, and only recently people experience crashes.

Are the people having the problem using the Windows 10 Fall Creators update (version 1709), and have an NVIDIA graphics card?

poppy2201

Quote from: David on January 05, 2018, 11:47:24 AM
The weird thing is that the same 3D code is used for a year, and only recently people experience crashes.

Are the people having the problem using the Windows 10 Fall Creators update (version 1709), and have an NVIDIA graphics card?

That's why I think it is indeed Windows 10.  I am running Windows 10 Build 1709 and my laptop has a Nvidia NVS 4200M display adapter.  I haven't been able to replicate it this morning; however, there was a cumulative update for 1709 last night.  No clue if this has anything to do with not being able to replicate it now.

Regards,
Charles
Charles J.

poppy2201

Just another update.  I went into my Nvidia control panel and changed the 3D settings for AnyRail to use the integrated video adapter and was able to replicate the problem one time.  I changed the settings for AnyRail back to use the Nvidia adapter and can't get it to replicate.
Charles J.