News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Anyrail exits unexpectedly

Started by wefer, December 12, 2017, 12:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesR

"Are the people having the problem using the Windows 10 Fall Creators update (version 1709), and have an NVIDIA graphics card?"

I do have an NVIDIA card.  I don't know what update I have (just updated today).  I will also check the settings on the Nvidia control panel, if I can figure it out.

poppy2201

Update:  This is probably moot for me now.  I have reverted back to Windows 7 because I found a couple of other programs that closed unexpectedly in Windows 10 plus another annoying thing that my DVD burner tray would open randomly on its own.  Before reverting back I tried setting AnyRail to use the Nvidia card and had the problem.  Set AnyRail to use only the integrated GPU and replicated the problem.  My suspicions are still Windows 10.

Regards,
Charles
Charles J.

CharlesR

Quote from: poppy2201 on January 06, 2018, 04:38:02 PM
Update:  This is probably moot for me now.  I have reverted back to Windows 7 because I found a couple of other programs that closed unexpectedly in Windows 10 plus another annoying thing that my DVD burner tray would open randomly on its own.  Before reverting back I tried setting AnyRail to use the Nvidia card and had the problem.  Set AnyRail to use only the integrated GPU and replicated the problem.  My suspicions are still Windows 10.

Regards,
Charles

I don't disagree.  I've been considering installing Windows 7 pro but I don't know what problems I will run into! I can probably install it as a second operating system.  I truly dislike Windows 10.
I guess it was the last update of 10 that started this mess.

poppy2201

I have always liked Windows 7.  I did a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro.  The only annoying thing is going through all of the 185+ updates and reboots but I am happier for now.  Microsoft Support for Windows 7 is until 2020 so maybe within the next 2 years Microsoft will get their act together but I doubt it.

Regards,
Charles
Charles J.

wefer

Quote from: David on January 05, 2018, 11:47:24 AMAre the people having the problem using the Windows 10 Fall Creators update (version 1709), and have an NVIDIA graphics card?
Yes:
- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1709
- Nvidia GTX 1050. Driver version 388.59

Regards

RCMan

How much memory do you have in the computer?  Had a similar issue and 4 Gig was not enough to the size of the layout i was making, added another 4 Gig and the problem went away. This was on an earlier version of Win 10.

Dennis

Quote from: wefer on January 10, 2018, 11:07:50 PM
Quote from: David on January 05, 2018, 11:47:24 AMAre the people having the problem using the Windows 10 Fall Creators update (version 1709), and have an NVIDIA graphics card?
Yes:
- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1709
- Nvidia GTX 1050. Driver version 388.59

Regards
Dennis
Bonham Texas

Redvan22

My apologies for barging in but...
I too am having this very same issue. I have a Dell all-in-one running windows 10.
Didn't seem to start happening until I started changing track types from standard to hidden or to bridge.

Red.

PS: 64 bit, 8 gig of memory, intel HD Graphics 4600
Wife complains it's burning when I cook. I respond by saying "when it's smoking, it's smoking."

RCMan

I have seen another oddity.

This is with a large Anyrail file.

1. Load layout.
2. Click on 3D view, takes a while to render, but it always does.
3. Shows view and sluggish in moving around, The computer is a dual core CPU 64 bit with 8 Gig of memory
4. Exit 3D and make a small change then back to 3D again.
5. After a short period of time Anyrail just closes.

I can repeat this problem every time.
Dennis
Bonham Texas

David

Have you all checked that you have the latest video drivers?

We are working on a new implementation of the 3D viewer that will hopefully resolve the issue.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Redvan22

David,
I have and they are up to date.

Red
Wife complains it's burning when I cook. I respond by saying "when it's smoking, it's smoking."

RCMan

Dennis
Bonham Texas

David

We almost have a new version ready with a rewritten 3D viewer. Of course this needs to be tested heavily first.
For this, we have a closed test area on this forum.

If you want to help testing, please let me know and I'll give you access to that part of the forum to join in.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.