News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 6.12

Started by David, January 02, 2018, 07:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

The first update in 2018!

We've received a few complaints lately: some want this text larger, some want that text smaller.
So, we've added, through the options, the possibilty to set the text for heights, sections names, etc.
Hopefully this makes it OK for everyone!

The libraries for Fleischmann Piccolo, LGB and Märklin M have been updated.

A few bugs have been fixed: A crash in some cases when downloading user objects under strict firewall settings, the color picker, and redrawing of vertical clearances.

In the meantime, we're working on some more substantial improvements, but I thought this already would be nice to have.

Have a wonderful 2018!

6.12.1 Solves an issue where the wrong text type was changed
6.12.2 Solves a problem with the Options dialog
6.12.3 Solves a crash on Windows 7 with vertically displayed section names, and typing " (inches symbol) in a metric edit box
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

TrainzLuvr

YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

The Track Planner

David,
Re: V6.12
To some this latest update may seem like no big deal!
But... you have just saved me a lot of work and time!!! As a service to my clients, I print a black & white print [on plotter printer] scaled to 1" = 1 ft. The layers, I have turned on, are track centerlines [no roadbed], benchwork fascia only, benchwork measurements, aisle widths, part numbers, slope percentages, and heights. All other layers are turned off. This print out along with an architect's ruler, makes it relatively easy for clients, who don't want to print hundreds of 1:1 pages, or pay hundreds of dollars, to have 1:1 prints printed commercially, to transfer measurements from paper to benchwork.

Heretofore, I had to physically create my own shields for the slope and height because the numbers were very hard to read, even when scaled on a 1"= 1' print. Even the part numbers in some cases were hard to read. On a large club layout and large basement layout, I would have to spend hours doing what I can now do with a few clicks of the mouse. Amazing!!

The only additional improvement would be to have a choice of color backgrounds for the shields. On a color print or even viewing on screen, different color shields would make it easy to pick out the specific information one's looking for. Not a big deal, but something, that I think would be a benefit.

Again, from my perspective, one of your best improvements, to date, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

David

Good to hear you appreciate it!

Future-Digital

Yes, David, it IS appreciated. As with all your work!
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

The Track Planner

David,
Question... when I click on "Insert" "Add Ruler" then click on the plan, the rule appears as normal. What has changed is the ruler show up as a medium gray color. This has been happening in the last few version updates. I like the default color be (normal) black, not gray, black shows up better on the plans.
Is there a reason for having the default color not be black?
I have resorted to clicking on the ruler ribbon, once at the start of a new project, then simply clicking and copying existing rulers, already on the plan, then adjusting the length.
In my opinion, it would be better to have the ruler default color returned to pure black.
Thanks,

Nick the Cabin Boy

I like the new text tool, which goes a fair way towards total control of text, which I first advocated some years ago now!

I agree with The Track Planner; different fill colours for shields would be good.  Perhaps we could also have an option to set font etc for general text?

Cheers,

Nick
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

TrainzLuvr

What are these "shields" everyone is talking about?

I don't mind the grey colour for the ruler. To me it's supposed to be an aid that nicely blends-in with the rest of the legend. Otherwise, I change it to black whenever the background contrast doesn't fit.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

Tom Springer

Using the new TEXT control under the Options support, enabling the 'shield' choice for an element puts a box around and a white background behind the text, making it easier to read (imho).
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

The Track Planner

David,
Don't know if someone else has this problem, but thought I would bring to your attention. I'm using version 6.12.3. When I create a curved section of track, example 90 degree with 30" radius, and I "Freeze" the section, and then add a parallel curved track at 90 degrees but with a 27½" radius. I use the add parallel option, set the spacing to 2½" and click either left, right, top or bottom. Everything works fine, except the new section of curved parallel track ends up being a 27¼" radius not 27½"! It only happens when I use the new "Freeze" option. I assuming this is a programming issue. Has anyone complained about this? Thanks, Bill

David

@Bill: Thanks for pointing us to this bug. It'll be fixed in the next update.

The Track Planner