News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Changing track colours

Started by Blue Pullman, January 07, 2018, 11:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Pullman

I've just started with anyrail and it's all it was cracked up to be and more. I read about doing plans to fifty pieces and the ways round not paying, well as so much effort has gone into the software and £40 today is not a lot I bought it.  As it happens I'm building 2 railways one in my house and one in my holiday home so really it's £20 each.  I've now got a pretty good idea of where I am going having built a plan of my room and then the baseboards and then the tracks themselves.  I would like to differentiate between up and down lines by colour is this possible? I see it also helpful for wiring both in dc and dcc - I have one of each. 

David

Welcome!
Track coloring is only possible by creating so called sections. These are isolated stretches of track that are powered individually. So for DC, these are 'blocks', and for DCC these can be used for occupancy detection.
You can select the color, so if you want you can use different shades of a certain color (for instance blue and yellow) for up and down lines.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Blue Pullman

Thanks very much for that which is the best way to put in the sections - with an isolating rail?  I am just about to post my new layout which essentially has an up a down and a branch.
thanks again

David

You don't have to add the isolators one by one.
Here's a video on the various ways it can be done:
https://youtu.be/dw40ecDBsj0
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.