News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Copy & Paste

Started by gdhampton, February 01, 2018, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdhampton

I want to ropy and paste a large section of the layout. I have tried the Window method and when I paste I get only part of the copy. When I try to use the Any Rail Method I get only a small section of the copy. Suggestions Please

Jerry Hampton

David

Before using Copy (CTRL-C), you need to select everything you want to copy.
Then you can use CTRL-V to paste at the mouse position.

What are you trying to copy?
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

gdhampton

David
My layout is a point to point U shaped. One side of the u is the west and the other is east. I have numbered the tracks. I want to post the plan on the wall so the operators can locate the tracks and spots listed on the Switch list.At the same time I needed to reverse part of the plan to make it logical direction-ally. I hope this is understandable

Jerry

Tom Springer

Jerry,

Have you thought about creating a 1:1 image (JPG) via the Export as->Picture function, then cutting the parts from that image into what you need to print?  You can also reverse the images if you need to before printing.

Might be an easier alternative.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

David

What if you use CTRL-A to 'select all', and then click 'Flip' on the 'SELECTION' tab.
This should mirror the complete plan over the Y-axis.

Otherwise, could you please post the plan and explain what you want?

Larry B

Is it possible to copy some track from one Layer to another?   

Tom Springer

Yes.  Just select the track, copy it, change to the layer you want the new track to be in (via the Layers pane), then paste it in.  It also might help to de-select the layer the track is coming from, so that layer's contents are not seen when the paste is done as to avoid having too much track visible at once.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

David

As an addition: if the intent is to move track to another layer, just select it and then pick the target layer from the drop down listbox on the TRACK tab.