News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Scale slider - add more steps/make steps adjustable

Started by TrainzLuvr, February 17, 2018, 09:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainzLuvr

Could we please have the steps manually adjustable in options or some other way so that the jumps are not so big.

I'm on a 30" screen and from 1:16 via 1:20 to 1:24 there's no in-betweens. More steps in-between would make the zoom less coarse, and ideally if they could be user defined, would be ideal.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

TrainzLuvr

Hi David,

Could I please get some feedback about the above - this should not be hard or time consuming to implement at all, imho?

Also, would you considering adding some options for the UI adjustments - the ribbon icons and text?

Right now being able to hide the ribbon is kinda pointless when those tools are not available in the context menu.

Perhaps adding a "hotbox" like menu that changes with context, as seen in Autodesk Maya, would also create more real-estate on the screen with ribbon hidden.

This is what the "hotbox" looks like in Maya, accessible by pressing the space bar. The menu options change with context.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

David

We're not going to change the UI on short notice. We're using a third party product that takes care of many problems such as language versions, screen resolution, animations, panes, etc.

If they would provide the things you mention we might consider it, but even then: most users are not power users, and keeping things simple and straightforward is very important to us.

About adding a scale step, I've put it on the wish do list, but I can't make any promises about when or how you will see this idea reflected in the software.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.