News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Library Fleischmann Piccolo - Track N - In German

Started by PeterWer, February 18, 2009, 05:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterWer

Hallo David,

es scheint ein kleines Problem mit der Gleis-Library von Fleischmann Spur N zu geben. Irgendwie passen einige Gleise nicht zusammen! Nach meinen Recherchen betrifft das sämtliche Kreuzungen und Doppelkreuzungsweichen und die Radien der Weichen scheinen nicht zu stimmen.  8)

Die runden und geraden Gleise scheinen ok zu sein!  :)

Für Rückfragen stehe ich gern zur Verfügung.

Best regards
Peter
Peter Werlitz
-----------------------------------------------------
My model railway: N Fleischmann Piccolo

David

Hello Peter,

Could you please let me know the part numbers of the crossings and slip switches that you think are incorrect?

There are quite a few problems when you try to fit Fleischmann Piccolo examples from their track plans, as they're almost consistently 'cheating' with angles and distances.

Still, we do not have all their parts in our possession, so there might always be a fault in our track definitions.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

PeterWer

Hello David.

Ich wollte ja ein File .any per Email zusenden. Aber die Mail kam ja bei Ihnen nicht an. Entweder liegt es bei mir oder bei Ihnen. Ich suche nochmals bei mir, ob ich etwas heraus finde. Ich versuche es gleich mal von meinem Notebook.

Best regards
Peter
Peter Werlitz

PeterWer

Hello David,

ich habe Ihnen nun ein File per Email zugesendet. Vielleicht können Sie daraus das Problem erkennen!  8)

Best regards
Peter
Peter Werlitz

David

geertvduin

Is there already an solution for this problem?
I have the same problem :(

In the picture you can see that part 9175 doesn't fit.

David

Hello Geert,

Sorry that there has not been a follow up on the forum.
This issue was solved through email, where it turned out that the definitions of the track are correct in AnyRail.

In fact, it's a well known problem that the Fleischmann curved turnouts do not fit as well as the catalogue suggests.
A little wiggling is necessary to make them fit in the real world as well. In AnyRail, you can simulate that by switching 'Snap dropped parts' off (in the 'Tools/Options/Behavior' window).
Afterwards, simply rotate the turnout by 1 or 2 degrees, and it'll fit perfectly.

Because this is a bit tedious, we have put some examples on line, from which you can copy and paste what you need for your own design. Remember that you can start AnyRail twice, and copy and paste between them.

The examples are here: Fleischmann Piccolo curved turnouts examples.

David.

geertvduin

I'm sorry, but I don't understand it.
I used your example, but then it still doesn't fit :(

What can I do?

David

Hello Geert,

The curved turnouts are rotated just slightly to fit in. You've probably copied a part of the example without the connected straight part. If you do that, and connect new straight track to the curved turnout, it will not be parallel.

So you might want to try again, but please keep the straights connected to the curved turnout from the examples as well.

I know it seems a bit complicated, but as the real Fleischmann track does not really fit, an extra effort is required to work with it using the precise tool a computer is.

If you still have questions, don't hesitate to ask! If you prefer, you can also email us.

David.