News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Section naming

Started by Nick the Cabin Boy, February 28, 2018, 02:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Cabin Boy

Working on a new plan, and got as far as creating sections, only to find that I can NOT change the font or size of the section name.  The online manual says I can, at least it shows up in the ribbon on that page, but on my computer, I cannot make the Font and Size boxes appear.

Help, please!

Nick the Nomad
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

Tom Springer

I believe that David has it under the new text support stuff now, Options->Text->Sections  Doesn't have font size specifics, though.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

Nick the Cabin Boy

Thanks, Tom, I've had a play with that, and it more-or-less does what I need.

I would still like a bit more control, such as actual font size and colour, along with being able to choose where on the section the label is placed.

Personally, I think text is a very powerful tool in any plan.

Nick the Nomad
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

Tom Springer

Nick, yes, me, too, for all of that.  I'd settle first for aligning labels and section names along the track centerline.  Font size next, because hopefully it would then also be there for track labels, because lengthy label text on a small track piece is too small and becomes unreadable for us older folks.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)