News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Anyrail crashes

Started by PB1952, March 13, 2018, 11:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB1952

Since the last update I have suffered a lot of jamming from AnyRail. Even if I do not have any other programs open, he is caught by a random action. You will then see the rotating cursor and windows report that the java platform is no longer responding. Are there more people with this problem.

David

This is strange as AnyRail has nothing to do with Java.
Do you use the 3D viewer a lot?
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

RCMan

I have seen if you do too many mouse clicks trying to get a mistake fixed, that the program goes into the "Not Responding" message. If I wait a while it normally corrects the problem and I can resume, but yesterday waited 20 minutes and still had the message. Most of the time it was me being in a hurry.
Dennis
Bonham Texas

David

@RCMan, how large is your plan?

PB1952

It is indeed what RCman says, if something does quickly then it goes wrong. And the java message could come from Chrome, I always have it on with a tab on which Elvenar is running.

RCMan

Quote from: David on March 13, 2018, 01:52:50 PM
@RCMan, how large is your plan?

It is a large 44 x 45 foot layout for a Clubs new location. Over 1200 feet of track so far.

There is no Java error message.
Dennis
Bonham Texas

David

Can you please send us the plan file? Perhaps there's something we can fix.

PB1952

The last 2 days again 6 crashes of anyrail. I was not doing anything special. it usually happens if you want to move a piece of rails with the mouse. If you do this to quickly then chash Anyrail, you will get the spinning blue cursor and if you click on the screen it will turn white. Very annoying especially if you have not saved, all work for nothing.

sometimes you get the following error message: An unhandeld win32 exception occured in Anyrail6.exe[4156]

David

Can you please check if there's a virus scanner running, and if so, which one?

Also, please know that AnyRail back up your work every 10 minutes. You can find the backups via FILE/Help/Autosave folder.

We've not heard this particular problem from many users so far (only you), so it's hard to get a solid understanding of what goes wrong.

PB1952

yes, there is running a virusscaner AVG Ultimate.

David

Do things improve when you switch it off for AnyRail?

PB1952

tried with the scanner off and it seems to go better.

RCMan

Sometimes in my haste, if you click too fast on a object or function or double click, Anyrail will go into the No Response error message. Wait for a while and Anyrail might clear itself and you can resume with your track plan.

Dennis
Bonham Texas

David

@RCMan: some functions may take extra time. For instance, when you've 'Reverse loops' on, or 'Vertical clearance', the results have to be recalculated regularly.
If you don't need these all the time, it might be wise to uncheck these on the SHOW tab.
This only applies to large layouts.

RCMan

Quote from: David on April 15, 2018, 03:14:33 PM
@RCMan: some functions may take extra time. For instance, when you've 'Reverse loops' on, or 'Vertical clearance', the results have to be recalculated regularly.
If you don't need these all the time, it might be wise to uncheck these on the SHOW tab.
This only applies to large layouts.

I will watch that, really do not use those function much but sometimes just leave them on.  Will turn off now and see if that helps.

Thanks
Dennis
Bonham Texas