News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Vertical clearance

Started by Redvan22, March 24, 2018, 06:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redvan22

Team,
When I select a specific Upper and Lower Limit and then click the Vertical Clearance checkbox, I see a multitude of shielded values both for above and below my selected limits. This is really annoying when dealing with a helix. Shouldn't I see only the values that fall within my set limits?

Mike.
Wife complains it's burning when I cook. I respond by saying "when it's smoking, it's smoking."

David

If at least one of the crossing tracks is in the set range, you'll see the shield. You can switch these off in the 'SHOW' tab.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Redvan22

David,
My apologizes for being a pain, but I believe you misunderstood me. What I was referring to was the number of Vertical Clearance shields displayed (photo 2)when I have an upper and lower limit set to only show the lowest 1-1/4" of the level (photo 1) (the level shown is actually below my main level and I have a helix going from 0" down to -10"). In the image there are Vertical Clearance values outside my set limits. If only 1 level of the helix is shown, which falls within my set limits, I would think that I would only see 1 VC shield per track connection, not 2, 3 or more.
It's only showing one turn (level) of the helix so why am I seeing VC's for other turns that are not within my limits?

Mike.
Wife complains it's burning when I cook. I respond by saying "when it's smoking, it's smoking."

David

Thanks for clarifying. I'll look into this.

David

All right, what happens is that you see the height difference of the visible track with all of the invisible ones. Of course, on a helix, there might be many, one under/over the other.
So you don't only see the difference with the loop one down, but also with the loop two down. The positive thing is that the tightest clearance is on top, so it's easy to see if there are any problems.

Redvan22

David,
What I was trying to do was pass under the loop of the helix and I thought that if I set the limits and then clicked the Vertical Clearance checkbox, I could then see the clearance just for that area. I understand what's happening now.

Thanks,
Mike.