News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Quick Access Toolbar

Started by Redvan22, March 28, 2018, 08:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redvan22

Maybe it's just me because I rely heavily on it but the QAT I create doesn't seem to propagate to other instances of AR or fully save when I close AR. I've seen icons added at the end of the QAT be missing when AR is closed and then reopened later on or the next day.

Anyway, I recreated my QAT that was lost recently and saved (don't know if this affects the QAT or not) and opened another instance of AR to copy a piece of another design I want to add to the current design and all I saw of the QAT was; new, open, save, undo and redo - the defaults.

May I ask that you look into this as maybe something is wrong.

Mike.
Wife complains it's burning when I cook. I respond by saying "when it's smoking, it's smoking."

David

Do you have multiple instances of AnyRail open? The QAT is only saved when the program is closed.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Redvan22

David,
So, I need to close AR before the QAT is saved, got it.
I had the one instance open and then I opened another and the new one was missing my qat.

I understand now.
Thanks again,
Mike.
Wife complains it's burning when I cook. I respond by saying "when it's smoking, it's smoking."

Redvan22

Ok,
I set up my QAT as I wanted it last time when it was missing and did whatever work I needed to do. I saved my changes and closed AR. I had only the one instance running.

I got back to that same layout today and my QAT is back to default icons (new, open, save, undo, redo) and above the ribbon rather than below, where I left it.

Mike..

poppy2201

I'm not sure what would be causing that.  AnyRailâ„¢? Local Machine?  I have made numerous changes to mine and I personally can't replicate any problems.  Hopefully David has an answer for you.

Regards,
Charles
Charles J.

David

@Mike: does the program revert to its 'default' state every time? If you have track libraries open, close the program, and start, are they opened like you left them?
If not, could it be you start the program while holding SHIFT? Because that resets it.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Redvan22

David,
Apologies for the long delay in responding.
Anyway,
No, it doesn't every time, just those two times. Also, the track libraries I was using for the project reopen with the opening of the project. I know about the Shift key resetting it and have been mindful not to do that.
I will update when and if it happens again otherwise, sorry to waste your time.

Mike.