News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Kato n track library - mistake?

Started by nickaltenbernd, April 09, 2018, 03:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickaltenbernd

Hi David,

I think I see a mistake in AnyRail's N Kato Unitrack library: the 90 degree crossing, 20-320. The Kato Track Catalog lists it as 124 mm in length; the AnyRail library lists it as 3.3 cm.

I'm having so much fun making track plans in AnyRail that I may never get around to actually laying any track!

-Nick

David

Hi Nick! The core crossing is 33mm, but it comes with four short straight bits, each 45.5mm. This is actually part number 20-070.
So that makes 2 x 45.5 + 33 = 124 mm.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

nickaltenbernd

Ver-r-r-ry interesting.  The US - English language Track Catalog shows it only in the long form with the long measurements.

David

Here's a picture of the packaging:
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Nick the Cabin Boy

I don't use Kato, but does this mean that one could use the core crossing without the four straights, as in having it within a curve?  Or is there some change in the joining arrangement that means they have to be used together?

Nick the Nomad
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N