News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

PeBu Trackplan

Started by Peter Buyk, May 21, 2018, 03:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Buyk

Hi all, I have made a trackplan that still needs some modifications, I would like on the right bottom 2 stabling tracks witch I can connect with right inner circle above, has anyone a idea how I can do that.

I also want to make a shadow station, but I dont no how to make a connection with my track, there will be no mountains or so in this trackplan, so how can I make a connection, all ideas are  welcome.

The trackplan is in N

Tom Springer

Peter,

Not sure what you want for stabling tracks (in the US we call them staging tracks), or if you want your shadow station to be truly hidden tracks (as I understand the term, a "shadow station" in the US would be what we call a hidden yard, placed usually off the layout and behind a backdrop or other arrangement).  The 60 by 150 cm open space at the bottom right section would be a good place for a visible yard area.

Attached is a version of your layout provided only for you to think about different possibilities.  I've colored various track areas to show them easily so you can think about what they might be - again, only meant to let you see possibilities.  Whether any of these colored tracks would actually work on your layout, I don't know.  Without knowing the era, equipment, and locale, or if you have elements of an existing railroad in mind, I simply wanted to open up various possibilities for your consideration.  By the way, I used the 9106 flex track part in places, as I don't like the restrictions that sectional (fixed geometry) track imposes on designs.

The diagonal track across the center of the layout, colored in light green and marked as "hidden" so it's easy to find, is intended to show how a "reversing section" could be created should you want to run trains in either direction.  It's not meant to be anything more than an example; if a reversing section wouldn't be needed, deleting that section and then moving the 2 pieces of green track into place would make the layout "complete".

There is one other item you might consider, and that is the possibility of using a "double slip" to cross from one track to another - that possibility is in the "crossover" layer that you have to enable, and it just has the necessary trackage colored in white that would accomplish this.
Again, this is only for you to think about different possibilities.
Hope this in some small way inspires you to creating a great layout.  Looking forward to your progress.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

David

Hi guys,

This area of the forum is the English section.

I've copied the Dutch replies to the Dutch section.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.