News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

connecting passing tracks

Started by MJCoppage, July 06, 2018, 10:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJCoppage

I want to create passing track:
          A               B
           _________
_____/__________\______

The passing track connects at point A but not at point B.
I have tried to lengthen the straight flex track so it will form a connection at point B but I can't. Any suggestions?
I am exporting to Trainplayer. If there is not a connection, train stops.
Mike Coppage
Jefferson Barracks, Mo.

Tom Springer

Can you post the .ANY file so we can see what the issue might be?
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

Bob Bryce

Do you have TrainPlayer or TrackLayer?  If you have TrackLayer, the problem is very easy to fix.  If not, and the export utility does not connect them, something is wrong in the export.

Tom Springer

Tracklayer would provide a temp fix, one-time only.  If we can see the layout .ANY file, perhaps we can fix it permanently. I'm guessing (hoping) it may be something simple, as a large number of layouts in AR have passing sidings.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

Bob Bryce

Yes, I agree.  I have had to make many adjustments to the track plan in TrainPlayer with TrackLayer, however, practically never have I had a broken track segment, mostly just the track needing aligned with the PDF track, but if the tracks are not actually connected in Anyrail, they will never be connected in TrainPlayer.

A link to his layout would be most helpful.  In fact after re-reading his initial post, he does say he cannot seem to make a connection in Anyrail at point B.  Not sure why.  I have never seen Anyrail not able to connect to a piece of track.  The connection might be a bit bizarre, but it always connects somehow.