News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Multimeters

Started by Bob Bryce, August 03, 2018, 03:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Bryce

Looking to get a really good multimeter.  Looking at the Fluke 177 / 179.  What kind of multimeters do you use?

David

I'm on holiday now and I don't know the brand, but the function I use most is the beep when there's no resistance between two points.
It's often hard to read the display when trying to check that two remote points are properly connected :)
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

BritsTukker

Personally I have a Fluke 189 and am very pleased with it.I also have an analogue meter, which I'm still using after 40-odd years and its still working.
Hope this helps.

TrainzLuvr

You can't go wrong with a Fluke multimeter - I have several models and they have always been reliable. I also own a bunch of other cheaper brands (sub $100) and at a first glance they work just as good. Generally I'll pick up a cheap meter and toss it around for quick and dirty measurements not requiring precision.  But, from experience I know that if I want a reliable measurement, I would only use one of my Fluke meters.

Here's my bench  ;D
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

Bob Bryce

Good to hear so many like the Fluke meters.  I looked into many meters and wound up ordering a Fluke 179 last week.  Should be here Tuesday.

Bob Bryce

Fluke meter arrived and I really like it.  Very impressed with the accuracy.  Best investment ever.