News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Tops and tips

Started by Keesoldscool, August 05, 2018, 08:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keesoldscool

Hello,

First of all I want to say, that I like to work with AR. It's easy to handle and exactly. I am using it for about a year and regurly use it to make minor change for my trackplan. But I would like to have some changes:
- Hidden tracks apear as 'massive' blocks in the plan. These blocks do overule the visible tracks. It would be nice if the hidden tracks would fade instead of popping up.
- It would be nice if it was possible to hide trackbuffers (trackbumpers?).
- There are two options of controlpoints, one for the tracks and 1 for surfaces. In my opinion these are mixed up. The one in tab Show should be the one in tab Settings and otherways. Even better: the one in tab Settings to tab Show and the one in tab Show to tab Insert, because these are the controlpoints for surfaces.
- A possibility to cut flextracks in a chosen in advance.

Well, that's all for now, Folks ;D

Gtz.

Kees
Grtz. Kees

David

Hi Kees,

We'll take a look at the way the hidden track is rendered.

In the next update, there will be an option to either hide the surface control points and/or the track control points.

I'm not sure what you mean by cutting the flex track. Could you please elaborate?
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Dragonfly

Quote from: David on August 08, 2018, 10:59:48 AMWe'll take a look at the way the hidden track is rendered.

Maybe a 'Hidden Track Transparency' slider might work for this? Then one can choose it to be totally hidden, or faded, or 100% visible (if 100%, then it'd be dashed as it is currently).

Keesoldscool

Hello David,

A flex of Märklin k-rail is 900 mm. It would be nice if it's possible to give it the length of the measurment you want, just like the ruler. For example: I need a flex of 630 mm, click on the flex and insert the length 630 mm.

I hope this will help you.

Grz,

Kees

PS: The idea of Dragonfly should be nice.
Grtz. Kees

David

@Kees, if you right-click the flex, and select 'Straight flex...', you can enter the desired length.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Keesoldscool

Thx David. I never have seen this possibility.
Grtz. Kees