News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Locked layers reacting

Started by donone, August 25, 2018, 07:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donone

I have version 6.16.3 on Windows 10.
I notice that when I have a baseboard on Layer 1 and locked, while I am active on Layer 2, moving the mouse over the baseboard causes it to 'highlight', which is annoying, while using another layer.
Is there a way to prevent this such that when locked nothing happens?
Thank you.
You only stop learning when you die.
Sometimes I think I am dead.

Tom Springer

While you cannot change anything in a locked layer, you can "select" things in it. If you move the mouse on to an item in the layer, the item is "highlighted" as you say, indicating it can be selected.  Why? Select something in the layer and look at the top right of the screen, at the right portion of the toolbar. You'll see that the "Save as object" is enabled so you could save the item selected as an object, or include it in a grouping across layers when creating a saved object,

Locking a layer to provide "better than glue" for preventing changing the items in the layer when making a user object is sometimes a preferably thing, at least it is to me. I've done this at times to avoid accidentally moving an item with the mouse.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

donone

Thank you Tom.
I must confess not to have noticed. Something learned every day. Perhaps it is worth the annoyance, I shall see.
You only stop learning when you die.
Sometimes I think I am dead.