News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

KATO Unitrack HO

Started by martin.pischky, September 16, 2018, 01:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin.pischky

Hello,

I'm just evaluating AnyRail for use with KATO Unitrack (H0).

From my first check the Library is nearly complete and up to date.

Would suggest that a "second" S94 Track is added. There are really to different of them: One in package 2-860
/ 2-861 with removable balast shoulders and one in package 2-111. Packages 2-860 and 2-861 are also the only option
to buy a S97 (with removable balast shoulders).

Also I would like to see the CODEs used by KATO in the drawings instead of the part numbers. It is much more informative to read "S149" (for "Straight 149mm") instead of "2-192". This can be done by stting a Label for every element but thats errorprone. May be the library should have to KATO-CODE as default label. A little problematic would be using FLIP command because a HP867R should become a HP867L for example.

I will attach a PDF showing the codes I would expect. Also an example emulating the codes by labels.

Thanks, Martin

David

We are adding a choice between codes and part numbers in the next version.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

martin.pischky

Hello David,
thanks for taking care of this.

Would "Code" be a new property of each library part or something the user can edit (like "Label")?
Beening a property would solve my problems (even if Libraries are not editable by user).

If you need help (like testing) or more information please let me know.

Attachted an update Version of part list and pictures of the parts in Kato Package 2-860.

Thanks, Martin