News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Design Issue

Started by RCMan, September 20, 2018, 09:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMan

The clubs layout I have designed has thrown me a loop and need some input on the best way to handle this situation.

1. They want to know is there a way to distinguish which turnouts need manual throws and which need remote control.

2. If I use isolators to show block boundary's, how can you maintain the original color of the sections already defined?
Dennis
Bonham Texas

Nick the Cabin Boy

I think there are a couple of options here.

If you isolate each turnout, you simply have to re-do the sections around it.  I have just proved to myself that you can have three sections with the same name (and, of course, the same colour).  Therefore, you can isolate any turnouts within your original section, re-create the sections that have "disappeared", and then colour the turnout(s) to a different colour to denote manual/remote, while having the same name throughout.

Alternatively, you could name/number each turnout, and put that in a text box/surface filled with the appropriate colour for manual/remote.

Hope this helps,

Nick the Nomad.
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

RCMan

Thanks, will look at both options.  Probably will need both to get what is required.
Dennis
Bonham Texas

Tom Springer

Dennis,

For manual turnouts, what means are you using to provide the ability to throw the turnout?  A ground throw, ala the Caboose throws?  Could you just create a small rectangle to represent the throw, properly positioned for each manual turnout (as to the proper side)?  Might help in going beyond just identifying the manual turnouts, but also making sure you have the "clearance" for the throws. And if you are using a ground throw from some manufacturer, put the item you create into your user objects entry for that manufacturer so you can use it as needed on the layout, and then you'll get an accurate count of the needed throws in the materials list via the info option.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

Kanukiyo

I want to know the information you offer again. I think I need it a lot more.