News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

AnyRail and Kato N scale track (double track with concrete ties)

Started by pgermain4330, October 15, 2018, 05:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgermain4330

I have done a draft track plan using Kato N scale track with both wood ties and concrete ties.

I have noted that with the double track with concrete ties does not automatically snap sections together as with wooden ties (both single and double track).

For example, I am using 20181 in two locations in my track plan and in one instance mating it to 20010 (186mm or 7 5/16" straight track) and another instance with 20012 (186mm or 7 5/16" concrete tie double track straight).  They do not auto snap together at all.

I have gone to a 1:2 level of magnification to ensure both pieces of track mate but it there is no auto snap occurring which means any adjustments or attempts at mating does not occur allowing the plan to move parts when that is not what I want to do.

chaz

The KATO super evelevated tracks, both single and double, require transition tracks. The transition tracks are 22.5 degree curves with the letter L (for left) and R (for right).

You can use large radius 22.5 degree transitions with small diameter 45 degree curves to create smoother looking operations.
MP 525.25 on the Prosser Subdivision of the North Kansas Division of the MOPAC Railroad.

drbnc

As above...  Transition tracks are needed.

mrsax2000

I have also found you can use 20-150 off a transition curve, add a couple straights, then add a reversed 20-150 to make a nice gradual "S" type of curve.

If you add the same set of 150s and straights along next to it, they will line up with the double track nicely.

Also, there are single track concrete tie pieces too, 20-875 at bottom of Kato track pallet.

I have show roadbed checked. That's why there's extra stuff around the tracks. For no other reason than I like the way it looks.

mrsax2000

I really wish Kato would add other single concrete tie curves and straights.