News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Very wierd auto connect when laying track

Started by DavidEric, October 25, 2018, 01:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidEric

Several versions back I started to notice that auto connect appeared to be loosing it's marbles. I'm now on ver 6.17.4 and the effect is still there.  Best explained with a couple of screen shots Capture shows 3 horizontal disconnected tracks, I want to connect the bottom of the three.  Capture2 shows the bizarre result.  I have the auto connect parameters set to virtually zero (At least I think I have) and it still happens.  The only way to get around it seems to be to connect a short length of rail  to the ends I don't want to connect.
Any suggestions.  Win10 64 pro.  Acer Veriton.
Dave

David

In the 'Tolerances' field, you see the distance that is minimally required to tag on to another endpoint. In this case it's 0.79.
Are you working in inches or cm?

The default is 0.3cm (1/8").

If you drag the endpoint more to the left, does it work then?

In the next update, the points that are going to connect are indicated, so that you can better see what is going to happen when you release the mouse button.

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

DavidEric

Hi David,
  Thanks. It's a long time since I took those shots, but I would have been working in inches, the GRID is 6 inches.  Tracks are 1.16inch center to center so the track it actually connected to was over 2inch away, and why that one instead of the middle one of the three.  Ive seen the same thing with points where when I try to connect to an exit it chooses and exit further away than the one I was trying to connect to.   Next time It occurs I'll try your suggestion.
Dave

RCMan

David is on top of the problem IMHO, I have seen this also and it looks like the program is focused on the last piece of track you last used no matter if you select another section to move everything.

David can correct me if I am wrong.
Dennis
Bonham Texas