News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 6.19

Started by David, November 15, 2018, 03:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

An update quickly after the previous one.

New:
- H0 DCCconcepts track
- Settings per library element: Right-click on a part in a library to hide it

Updates:
- H0 Mehano, turnouts fixed
- OO Hornby Dublo, buffer added
- N Kato Unitrack, codes added
- N Minitrix, transfer table added
- N Tomix Fine Track, codes added
- N Tomix wide tram track, codes added

Fixed:
- A crash when the PC is not capable of presenting the 3D view
- Flex functions for dual gauge track
- Showing correct pages grid in PDF Export
- Possible crash when displaying problem zones in flex track
- Snapping now only works with CTRL pressed for control points of rulers, multilines and surfaces
- Units correctly refreshed in libraries when changed in SETTINGS tab

Have fun!

David.

6.19.1 Fixes error in N Kato Unitrack library and 'infinite pylons' problem in 3D view.
6.19.3 Fixed Jouef H0 library, fixed backstage scrolling, fixed flex set length.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Future-Digital

Hi, David,
Two things, one a repeat on 6.19

The MEASUREMENTS System keep changing back every timeI exit and reopen a file. I have it on inches 1/64, but whenever I reopen a file it comes up in CM. Oddly, when I go to look and change it back to 1/64, is shows that as being what I chose, but it is not DISPLAYING that. It DISPLAYS cm.

The other problem is that my 3D display shows pylons extending down below my layout TO INFINITY.
Makes for a tall room.

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

drbnc

David:

Kato N Unitrack 20202 and 20203 are both left-hand in the library and on-screen.

David

@Bill: the units are saved with each file. So if you open a file that was set to cm, you'll see centimeters. If you then change it, close it without saving, and open it again, it will be cm again. If you set the units to inches, and then open a file using cm, you'll see cm. Only if you start a fresh plan, or open a plan with units in inches, you'll see inches. The current unit is always in the left bottom corner.
This being said, it seems this does not work in your case. Could you describe a series of actions that shows the problem?

@Bill: the problem with the pylons will be solved in the next update.

@drbnc: Thanks, we'll fix it.

Future-Digital

Thank you David,
However, I never use cm. I didn't open anything in cm. I reset my file to 1/64 and save on exiting, but it reopens in cm. That is what I was trying to report. I never had this happen, before. Very odd. I just RE-opened a file, changed it back to clicking on the 1/64 that was showing in the box but not on the file. The track specs all changed to inches. I made a minor change. Saved it. Exited it. Reopened it, and it was showing track in cm, again.
I know is is odd, but it IS happening.
Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

David

@Bill, I just opened the 'attic' file you attached in an earlier post, and here it opens in inches. We have changed the way settings are stored somewhat, so it's possible we made a mistake somewhere, but I'm not sure how to reproduce what you observe. I tried all sorts of combinations, but so far, no luck.

Future-Digital

I started the program with SHIFT held down, which reset everything. THAT seems to have allowed me to do and get what I expected after I reset everything. Nice of you to put that reset in there. Don't use if often, but when I do, it fixes the strangest things. Don't know why, don't care. It worked.

Sorry to have wasted your time. Should have thought of that earlier.

Thank you.

Bill

David

@Bill: good to hear. Still, I will try to find out why this happened.

poppy2201

David,

I like the ability to hide a piece in the Track Library.  For example, the Rokuhan R008 in the library is discontinued and now all I have to do is hide it and not inadvertently use it.  Thanks.

Regards,
Charles
Charles J.

TrainzLuvr

Quote from: David on November 15, 2018, 03:59:27 PM
Fixed:
- Showing correct pages grid in PDF Export

I am not sure this is actually working and I believe the problem is metric vs. imperial measurement system, as well as pre-set margins during export.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, when I select SHOW/PAGES the system uses (is hard-coded to) metric measurement system to overlay the page numbers, despite me using imperial units. If I change the measurement system, the overlaid pages do not adjust.

I believe a more correct behaviour should be to check what the user selected measurement system is first, then overlay the appropriate size pages on the screen, as well as during export.

It should also account for paper margins, namely the differences between A4 and Letter size papers for example, etc. As a side note, it would be great if you could add the registration marks to the exported file, in the corners of the visible area.

Thanks.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

David

The PDF is completely different from the print function. The PDF export does not take into account any of your printer's properties.
Instead, in the PDF export, you need to set everything yourself, such as the page size (although some are selectable), the resolution, and the margins.

With the comment that the pages was fixed, I meant that you now correctly see the blue page grid in the PDF, i.e. the grid that indicates what the pages would be when the plan were printed on your printer using the print function.