News

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Topic: Tops and tips  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Keesoldscool

• Artem Doctrina
Tops and tips
« on: August 05, 2018, 08:14:49 am »
Hello,

First of all I want to say, that I like to work with AR. It's easy to handle and exactly. I am using it for about a year and regurly use it to make minor change for my trackplan. But I would like to have some changes:
- Hidden tracks apear as 'massive' blocks in the plan. These blocks do overule the visible tracks. It would be nice if the hidden tracks would fade instead of popping up.
- It would be nice if it was possible to hide trackbuffers (trackbumpers?).
- There are two options of controlpoints, one for the tracks and 1 for surfaces. In my opinion these are mixed up. The one in tab Show should be the one in tab Settings and otherways. Even better: the one in tab Settings to tab Show and the one in tab Show to tab Insert, because these are the controlpoints for surfaces.
- A possibility to cut flextracks in a chosen in advance.

Well, that's all for now, Folks ;D

Gtz.

Kees
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:30:02 am by Keesoldscool »

Offline David

• Administrator
Re: Tops and tips
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 10:59:48 am »
Hi Kees,

We'll take a look at the way the hidden track is rendered.

In the next update, there will be an option to either hide the surface control points and/or the track control points.

I'm not sure what you mean by cutting the flex track. Could you please elaborate?

Offline Dragonfly

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 03:30:17 pm »
We'll take a look at the way the hidden track is rendered.

Maybe a 'Hidden Track Transparency' slider might work for this? Then one can choose it to be totally hidden, or faded, or 100% visible (if 100%, then it'd be dashed as it is currently).

Offline Keesoldscool

• Artem Doctrina
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 05:05:49 pm »
Hello David,

A flex of Märklin k-rail is 900 mm. It would be nice if it's possible to give it the length of the measurment you want, just like the ruler. For example: I need a flex of 630 mm, click on the flex and insert the length 630 mm.

I hope this will help you.

Grz,

Kees

PS: The idea of Dragonfly should be nice.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:07:21 pm by Keesoldscool »

Offline David

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 05:09:15 pm »
@Kees, if you right-click the flex, and select 'Straight flex...', you can enter the desired length.

Offline Keesoldscool

• Artem Doctrina
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 07:18:36 am »
Thx David. I never have seen this possibility.