News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

User Object Download Selection

Started by Nick the Cabin Boy, November 26, 2018, 09:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Cabin Boy

Taking a break from photography this evening, I fired up (and updated) AR, to have a play with a couple of ideas that have been rattling around in my head for a while.  It was then that I realised that I do not have the library of user objects on this laptop (neither do I have my own creations, which took many hours!).

I went to download the objects, to find that there are now 2199 of them!  I ONLY model in N, so anything else is of no interest to me.  BUT, I have to download the whole shebang.  While we are still, technically, travelling, I am on a mobile broadband system which has a monthly data limit, so I can't really afford to download unnecessary stuff.  If I go over my limit (45Gb), I have to pay $AU10 per 1Gb, so you can see that I want to avoid that!

To cut a long story short, not something I am noted for, is it possible to introduce the ability to select the scale when downloading user objects?

Cheers,
Nick the Nomad
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

poppy2201

Quote from: Nick the Nomad on November 26, 2018, 09:28:31 AM
Taking a break from photography this evening, I fired up (and updated) AR, to have a play with a couple of ideas that have been rattling around in my head for a while.  It was then that I realised that I do not have the library of user objects on this laptop (neither do I have my own creations, which took many hours!).

I went to download the objects, to find that there are now 2199 of them!  I ONLY model in N, so anything else is of no interest to me.  BUT, I have to download the whole shebang.  While we are still, technically, travelling, I am on a mobile broadband system which has a monthly data limit, so I can't really afford to download unnecessary stuff.  If I go over my limit (45Gb), I have to pay $AU10 per 1Gb, so you can see that I want to avoid that!

To cut a long story short, not something I am noted for, is it possible to introduce the ability to select the scale when downloading user objects?

Cheers,
Nick the Nomad

I would vote for that also.

Regards,
Charles
Charles J.

Nick the Cabin Boy

@David,

Is there any chance of this happening in the foreseeable future?

Cheers,

Nick the Nomad
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N