News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

2018 Scalextric Slot Car Layout

Started by cinoaz, December 01, 2018, 04:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinoaz

Decided to redo my track, it's been about 2 years with the current layout and a change was necessary.  I wanted the flexibility of having both a high speed oval track as well as a road coarse.  Unless I want to make some fairly difficult custom pieces, I'll just have to swap out a few pieces to change from oval to road course and back again. 

The overall track is 144inchesx124inches, or 12'x10'4".  Another shortcoming with the old track is that marshals were limited to trying to reach across the track to get cars that derailed in the middle.  With a 12'x10' table, getting to the cars in the middle was difficult at best.

To solve this issue, I changed the layout to allow spots for marshals to actually be in the middle of the track as well as the outer edges.  All racers (six at a time) are on one side, or they can relocate 2 to a side since the controllers are wireless.

Thanks David for making Scalextric available in Anyrail.  Without it, I would never be able to come up with such designs !!!

mrsax2000

I didn't know AR did slot cars. This is very cool!