News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Cannot GROUP track and Text

Started by cinoaz, November 30, 2018, 04:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinoaz

Working on my Scalextric layout, I find adding text block of the track Part Number ontop of a piece of track allows me to quickly see the part number and keep things easier to maneuver without having to look at the bottom left of the screen as I try to hover or select a piece of track.  It helps me keep my attention on the area of concern without having to look back and forth.

Anyway, I notice there is quite a bit of stuff you can't "GROUP" together.  Like a piece of Scalextric track and a Text Block, although, I can link a Text Block and a rectangle object.  I can't group two pieces of track together although I can join two pieces of track.  It's odd that the GROUP logic treats objects differently in the program, I would just assume GROUP function just ties objects together, regardless of the type of object it is?? 

Now, before someone goes off and says just enable the Labels and Part Number option of the program, that text is soooo small I have to ZOOM so far in to read it, it makes it practically useless.  You can see the comparison below

Nick the Cabin Boy

If you browse through the Wish List category of this forum, you will find many requests for this feature, so David is well aware of our want/need for it!

You may also notice that, occasionally, David will surprise us with an update bringing in some feature that we had forgotten we had asked for!

Cheers,

Nick the Nomad
Geelong, Victoria
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N