News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Request for a new feature.

Started by Future-Digital, December 21, 2018, 05:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Future-Digital

Lately I have been "fleshing" out my layout. I already have mountains and other landscape features with Height Contours, and they looked just fine in 3D. But, none of my structures (buildings) had any height. SO, I decided to give them Height Contours, as well.

Oh, well. They have height, now, but they also have slope. 3D is great, but not everything is landscape. That is, the buildings are not really straight up and down like a typical building. Slope like with a hill is fine on a hill, but looks a bit odd on a building. They are also all green, which is a bit odd.

I would like to suggest a new check box, similar to the Height Contour check box, but different in that it could make two changes:

1: The sides should be perfectly straight up and down, tops flat; and,
2: The "buildings" should be some other color than green. Perhaps tan, or something different from the grass.
You could call the new check box: Building (or, Structure).

Please.

Merry Christmas,

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

Sven

Yes, I agree with Bill's wishes.
I also would like to see an option to have buildings visilbe in 3D with a different color.
And a better handling of the automatic generated slopes (see my other post at https://www.anyrail.com/forum_en/index.php/topic,3017.0.html)