News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Adjusting curved sections

Started by The Track Planner, January 01, 2019, 07:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Track Planner

David,
Not quite sure how to explain this, but I'll try... as long as I've used AnyRail, I've never understood, when I change the radius of a curved piece of flex-track, how Anyrail decides which end to adjust. Back about 3 or 4 updates ago, if I had a curved section connected at one end but disconnected on the other end and I needed to adjust the radius, I did not have to disconnect the curved section to do so. It appeared (at least, to me) that AnyRail 'knew' which end was connected and when I went and changed the radius, AnyRail automatically knew to change the un-connected end. Which was/is a great time saver. I did not have to disconnect a curved section, make the radius change and then re-connect. If I had to make multiple radius changes, to the same curved section, it is a time consuming process.
With the latest update 6.21.0, not only does this feature no longer work, now if I try to adjusted a curved section without disconnecting, i.e. leaving the section connected on one end, but not the other end, sometimes the program will adjust on the connected end, but strange things happen. If it adjusts on the connected end, the white dot "stays on screen" in its original position, but the curved section adjusts (on that end) and leaves a blank spot at the previously connected point. Really, strange looking! At that point, I have to disconnect the curved section and re-connect and everything is corrected.
Is it possible to have AnyRail adjust a curved section, without having to disconnect it? The feature (that appears to have gone away), as I described it above, was for me, a great time saver. Thanks.

David

If you update to 6.21.1, this bug is fixed.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Sven

Great, thanks David.
This is a relief as I also observed this strange behavior several times.