News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Component endpoints

Started by Redvan22, January 01, 2019, 10:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redvan22

When I right click on a component like a switch, the dialog box that opens has a description of the component, it's size and endpoints, in parenthesis', what are these measurements?
See attached example.

Wife complains it's burning when I cook. I respond by saying "when it's smoking, it's smoking."

Tom Springer

Simple answer: those are the grid locations (x,y) of the ends of a turnout, in the measurement system you are using.  (The third value, z, is the height value)

You can see this better if you first enable the Show->Centerline option to show the line that lies along the middle of the track - between the rails.  The "endpoint" refers to the ends of this line.  For simple track (straight/curved), you have 2 ends, and you would see the 2 coordinate sets for these. For turnouts, you have 3 ends (or 4 for a 3-way turnout), so you would see 3 (or 4) sets of coordinates.
(Pardon the verbiage, wrote it in case newer forum members read this)
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)