News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Changing Height

Started by Future-Digital, January 02, 2019, 08:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Future-Digital

Hello, David,

I realize that there are various ways to change height of things, but my question is Global.

I have changed my mind (that means I made a mistake), and could like to adjust EVERYTHING in my layout upward several inches. There are probably thousands of items, and I just can't see doing it all individually.

Any reasonable way?

Happy New Year!

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

David

This only works for track. Select it, and use the 'Elevate' function.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Nick the Cabin Boy

@Bill,

Surely, if EVERYTHING needs to be raised, all you need to do is put the board on longer legs!  I have always considered height in AR to be "height above base level", which is whatever height my lowest board's surface is.

Cheers, and Happy New Year,

Nick the Nomad
Geelong, Victoria
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

Keesoldscool

My English is not that good and it is possible that I misunderstand the question of Bill, but if you want to change height of things it is possible to select everything. Use a scale smaller as the design. When it's done you can choose: Track, Objects or Surfaces. Then change the height.  It's not the same as for tracks, but it works for me.

@Nick: I don't use the lowest board's surface as base level. My base level is the surface of activity. Everything above is + and everything below is -.
Grtz. Kees

Future-Digital

Wish I had had the foresight (knowledge) to make my base level ZERO Height. I could easily fix the problem now, it would now be as simple as making adjustments by using longer legs.

However, at the time, I was playing with the idea of tunneling down from my base level to a subterranean storage area. The idea was great, but I never went very far with it. That is how I set the base height above ZERO. A BIG mistake, now, as I picked the wrong height.

Boy, it certainly would be nice for a GLOBAL height adjustment, but I realize that I don't always get easy fixes to my mistakes.

Thanks, everyone.

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

Keesoldscool

@ Bill: Is your plan avaible? It's difficult to figure your problem without a plan.
Grtz. Kees

Future-Digital

Well, that is easy enough to fix.

If only it were as easy to change every single height, and I mean EVERY, I would really be happy.

Enjoy!

Bill

Keesoldscool

@ Bill: As far as I understand, you want to change the height, because you have an idea of tunneling down from your base level to a subterranean storage area. So you want to go down your zero level. Why don,t you use the same I did it, just make the level below the zero level negative? See attachment of my trackplan. I used height 0 to -50 and so one.
Grtz. Kees

Future-Digital

Keesoldscool

No, I gave up the tunneling down idea a long time ago. I just want to raise EVERYTHING up to a better height than 30 inches.

Thanks for the reply.

Bill

Keesoldscool

is this helping?

First I scaled 1:30
Second I selected the whole plan
Third I unglued
Forth I selected; Group
Fifth I changed height and leveled 30"
Sixth I add a new layer and gave it a height of 0" (I did test it by laying a circle of tracks)
Grtz. Kees

Future-Digital

Keesoldscool Thank you for your effort, but when I examined your Post change version of my layout NONE of the contours, structures, vehicles, trees, trails, or anything else of that nature had changed height.

I tried it, myself, using your description, as well, and I didn't get any changes, either.

Thanks, anyway.

Bill

Keesoldscool

Grtz. Kees