News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Trainplayer scale mystery

Started by Railuser78, February 02, 2019, 04:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railuser78

I have been exporting N scale plans quite happily to train player, when suddenly i noticed that the cars I put on were enormous, twice the size in fact.  So I checked the Trainplayer layout properties, it was set to HO!
Thinking that I had to change the properties to N scale, I did, but it converted an N scale layout down to half the size, but got car size correct.
Clearly I'm doing something wrong here, as it worked perfectly before. 
Whats going on?

Tom Springer

The "scale" used in AnyRail isn't sent to TrainPlayer .... you set the scale on the TrainPlayer side.

When you said the cars were "enormous", are you describing the side view in the trainbar?  If so, what collection(s) are these cars from?  Some of the free (older) collections use the 50px convention (refers to height in pixels of the car side image); others, like the Chris Pedersen cars (and my own) use the 150px convention, while Jim Schenk's passenger cars are 200px.  There are options that allow one to control the car display in the trainbar. Generally, cars of different formats should be adjusted when mixed with other cars so the resulting train image looks "correct".  (fyi, we use the larger image size so we can get cars with smaller details to show better.)

Can you save your layout in TrainPlayer, then send the xml and jpg files that AnyRail creates and the rrw file that TrainPlayer creates when saving the layout, and I can see what things look like? My email is in my profile.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

Railuser78

Try as I might, I don't see an email in your profile, only a mail link with no way to add attachments. 

Tom Springer

Strange.   The email is there and the box checked to let folks see it; others have sent emails so I don't know.  Anyway, sent you a DM with it.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

Railuser78

I sent it all to Trainplayer, it turns out it is the line widths as you say.  Something I had overlooked is the Zscale part used for narrow gauge was making it read as HO.
If there is a way to break software, I'm pretty good at finding it  :D
Thanks for your help.