News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Curves, Helix etc

Started by FruitGums, April 22, 2019, 04:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitGums

First, I cannot find a search option so forgive me for not searching.
To make a Helix I first need to create a piece of curved track, this way the Helix option is active, and I have made two so far successfully. However I have decided to double track them so I try to make another 90 degree curve with a radius of 800mm, value is out of bounds, hmm I think and try 810, 820, 830 and then I try 750mm which has already worked twice before, out of bounds!.

So whats the trick here? there is one right?

Fruity

David

Are you sure it's the radius that's out of bounds, not the angle? 90 degrees is the maximum.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

FruitGums

Yes I'm sure. However I just exited the programme and restarted and it let me use the 830mm with 90 degree angle but it was far to big for the inner ring which is 750mm so I deleted it and started again, this time 800, 790 and 830 was out of bounds. Odd indeed.

ohh second post \o/

Fruity.

David

What value do you have on the SETTINGS tab for Minumum radius 1? This is the first of a column of three values in the Flex group.

FruitGums

minimum radius is set at 750mm

David

Can you please email us your plan file (the one with the extension .any), with the flex part indicated on it that you try to run into a curve of given radius?
Perhaps some other setting gets in the way.

FruitGums

Hope this helps, file attached as I could not see an option to add a file to your Email

David

I see you entered '800(mm)' for the first minimum radius in the SETTINGS tab. This is the overall minimum radius.
The three values in there should be in increasing order, so 750 (mm) in the first box, and 800 (mm) in the second.
After that, any radius of 750 or greater is accepted for the flex curve.

FruitGums

Ohh I see, you are right come to think of it, I did change the values after the first two.
You Sir are a star. thankyou :)

Fruity.