News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Problem with spike in 3D view

Started by Lightning01, February 06, 2019, 05:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning01

Hi David,
Just installed v6.22 & everything went well till I clicked 3D view & this big green thing appeared in the center of my layout & would go away. Previous version didn't do this. I tried restarting computer but that didn't help. I'm attaching screen prints of what i'm talking about. Hope you can figure it out, if you tell me how I will send you the file, & you can see if it works on your computer.

Michael

David

Could you please post the .any file (the plan file) so we can check what happens?
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Lightning01

Hi David,
Here is any. file. Hope I sent it correctly. The only area I was using last was setting grades, maybe I clicked something I couldn't have.

Thanks Michael

David

@Michael: I see there's one straight segment (20020) at a height of 298 cm. This causes the spike.
You can see it if you change the 'Height in view' on the SHOW tab. Set the 'Upper limit' to a value greater than 298.
The single straight piece is right inthe middle of your layout.

Lightning01

Hi again David,
Are you saying just one piece of 20020 track elevation is causing this problem?
Even though you directed me to a 20020 track area I can't find the trouble maker track.  I don't really understand (change the 'Height in view' on the SHOW tab)  I have Height checked, & don't see the issue. So I tried something else.
This layout only has 3 tracks - 2 are flat & 1 elevated. I removed the double crossover & replaced it with straight track. Then I copied the elevated track only to a new file & numbered all 8 of the 20020 track. Tell me which number you think is the problem, #5 should show 2.98 inches. This file alone works fine in 3D except top right corner shows my decline elevation error. I made new files of the other 2 tracks also & they both work fine alone in 3D, but the 3 together do not play well. I'm attaching the 3 new copied files, & you already have the file with them all together.
Thank for your help.
Michael

David

@Michael: Sorry if my explanation was unclear. Here's avideo to show it:
https://www.screencast.com/t/mBF2Oqioznm

Oh, and of course, where I said 'centimeter', it should be 'inch' :)

Lightning01

David I'm an older person & screen cast moved pretty fast to me, but what I think I saw was #5 20020 was the issue, but I tried removing that track & still had the same issue. If all the copied files work in 3D  separately, then why is their an issue when all are together?
Michael

David

Hi Michael,

When you copy and paste, only the things in view are copied.
As this element is out of view, as you've set the 'Upper view limit' on the SHOW tab to a value below 298", it is not copied and pasted.

Could you please try again and open the SHOW tab? At the right hand side, you see two edit boxes with a value in it.
These are the lower and upper limit of what is displayed, think of it as a horizontal slice.
Set the upper limit to 300, and the track element should appear, right in the center of the layout.

Lightning01

David I was typing to reply as you were replying. I had already set the upper limit to 300 & that didn't help. So I thought what is the difference with the 3 copy files, they don't have a Double Crossover Track, I removed it from the 3 track file & 3D works fine. Now what is wrong with using a Double Crossover Track?
Michael

David

Hi Michael. The double crossover shouldn't have anything to do with it.
I've attached the original file with the 20020 straight track element removed. As you can see, the 3D is fine now.

Lightning01

David it's me again & I hate bothering you again, but you have all 3 copied files I sent you & it bugs me that I can't find which 20020 track you removed to fix the problem. This may happen again down the road & I would like to fix it myself next time. So if you could type removed) by the 20020 track that was the problem & attach that particular copied file would be greatly appreciated. Thanks & I'm glad I bought your program, & can't believe what all it can do, which I will never learn all it can do.
Thanks Michael

David

I split this discussion so it has a thread of its own.
Please find attached the plan file with an arrow pointing to the problem track element.
I've also set the Upper view limit on the SHOW tab to 300.

Keesoldscool

Hi Micheal,

I think I know your confusion. I also do understand the explanation of David.

First op all I opened your plan:\
1.  Re: Re: Re: Version 6.22
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 05:19:58 am
2. I opened 'Show'
3. I went to 'Upper limit'
4. I changed the value to '300'
5. After doing this a track 20020 appears
6. This is the piece whitch is causing the problem
7. Select the piece and delete.
8. Problem solved

I hope you can follow my steps and understand the problem.

Grtz. Kees