News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Flex track drag point (+) detection works intermittently

Started by TrainzLuvr, March 03, 2019, 04:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainzLuvr

This has been driving me nuts for awhile now and I can't take it anymore!

What happens is that if you click on a flex piece of track at its drag points (+), generally you would expect it to move. Well, that does not happen all the time. Depending on position of the flex and the end points (which overlap with the drag), or some other variable, the "hot" zone where you would expect to click and drag simply does not detect anymore.

I have to then keep clicking and probing along the + sign and eventually find a tiny area at the tip or midway along the arm of the sign where it is "hot" so I can drag there. It is very inconsistent to say the least, because it is not always "hot" in the same spot. If I change the curvature of the flex all bets are off.

This has been happening to me for the last few updates of AnyRail and has really become an annoying issue. I have no idea what happened because my layout plan has not changed, I just keep altering it so the only variable is AnyRail updates.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

David

What is the size you've set for the control points (on the SETTINGS tab)?
Also, is there something right behind the control point that gets detected instead?

Could you please send the plan file at hand, and indicate for which flex rail this happens (coordinates).
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

RCMan

I find if you overlay another piece of track over the one you want to click the end point, you first need to click on the track section and move it to the front or forward so it is on top of the other piece of track, then you can move the end point.
Dennis
Bonham Texas

TrainzLuvr

This quirk is really intermittent, it happens at random it seems.

Looking at the settings, it's the default values:
endpoint 19/32
connection 19/32
control point 25/32

I'm sending the current plan via email.

Thanks.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

David

There was indeed a bug in the 'hovering' code. When there was an invisible connection in the same location, it preferred that instead of the visible control point.

It is solved in version 6.23.0.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.