News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

AnyRail 6.23 Crash

Started by Wayne, March 15, 2019, 05:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne

Since I upgraded to this version this morning (none of the updates were of any need for me) I have been experiencing crashes with a file that I have been working on. File size is only 632KB.
It is very frustrating working on a file and then having it crash loosing all the changes and time required to redo it only to have it crash again.
Win 7, 64 bit
"A crash that occurred at random for some customers is hopefully solved by updating the compiler. It seemed to be an optimizer issue."
I never had any crash issues until this update. How can I revert back to the previous version until this issue is solved.

David

@Wayne: if possible, could you please send us the crash report? AnyRail makes back ups every ten minutes, to be found in FILE/Help/Autosave folder.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Wayne

David,
The issue seems to have gone away. I shut down my PC and restarted and now all "seems" to be normal.
After the update I just opened AnyRail and started to work, maybe any update should require a system restart.
Ten minute back ups were of no use as it was crashing after only a minute or so of work.
I will keep you informed if this issue re-occurs.
Wayne

Wayne

David,
The program has crashed again.   >:(  Where would I find the crash report?

Wayne

Does this help?

David

I've moved the topic here. I hope that's OK with you.

When the program crashes, it should present you with a dialog with a crash report.
If you don't succeed in e-mailng directly from there, you can also save the crash report as a file, and send it as an attachment.
It contains as much information as possible about the crash, and helps us to resolve it.

Wayne

David,
when I checked the forums to see if you had replied I was concerned when I didn't see any of my posts. I did eventually get here/
When the program stops I only get the pop up that I took a screen shot of. No error report or no way to save anything.
This could perhaps be a Window's issue? Windows did updates at the same time.
I found this report in: C:\Users\Wayne\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_AnyRail6.exe_3792a8a825632cd44d713bb3ecb108b683f952f_0df0376d

David

Hi Wayne,

Could you please send us the file you're working on? I mean the .any file. Perhaps it helps us to trace this bug.
From the files you sent I see that you're using Windows 7. Is that correct? And have you run all the Windows updates?

Wayne

David...
yes Win 7 Ultimate with all available updates. as of March 15 th. 2019

Wayne

David,
Updated AnyRail on my laptop and got an immediate crash. This time I did get a window allowing me to save the report.
Here it is.

David

It seems we can reproduce it here with your plan file.
We'll try to fix this very soon.

Wayne

David,
Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue. I do like AnyRail and am getting used to using it.
Still haven't used all of the features but working on it.
Again thanks!

David

We've found the cause of the crash. A solution will be released in a day or two.

Wayne

jones3r

Anyrail starts fine, but if I load a layout file it crashes.
Running Win10, on a DELL 4x Xeon, 64bit machine.