News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

FLIP is great but where is the FLOP?

Started by JoeBaldwin, June 09, 2019, 04:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeBaldwin

The Flip tool does exactly what I think it should, perfect as far as I can tell, Thank you.  However please consider adding a FLOP tool which is a 90 degree flip.  Use the rotate you say, well, it does not flop  like flip flips.  To use rotate to flop a drawing 90 degrees one must have the drawing completely connected.  Not so with  flip, just select any piece and click on flip and you get a perfect horizontal transposition.

Thanks for a great tool.   8)

Joe

David

I'm slightly confused here ;)

But I think what you propose is a FlipX and a FlipY function?
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

C.R. Wagus

David,

The gentleman seems to be aware that it is currently necessary to rotate the object 90 degrees in order to flip about the y-y axis, or as he puts it "flop".  After flipping the rotated image it must be counter rotated to achieve the flop.  A little cumbersome but certainly doable.  Using an enclosing fence allows the manipulation of unconnected images.

I agree it would be nice to have a one step "flop".  As long as we are wishing, how about a flipping about a designated axis?

Regards,
Carl