News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Showing Water Feature in 3D View

Started by euphos, September 30, 2019, 04:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

euphos

Just starting out with using Anyrail for my first track since I was a kid.  I have my layout roughed out, and now I'm trying to get a grasp on the elevations (hills, tunnels, rivers/lakes, etc) since I plan on quite different "areas" within the layout.

I have a mountainous area I want to do with a gorge cutting through with a bridge structure over a river underneath.  That river will eventually lead to a lake area I plan to fill with epoxy resin.  In trying to model this, the 2D layout looks pretty good.  But I tried going into the 3D view to see if what I'm doing "looks" correct.  The water area is a shape with a different color in 2D, but the 3D view blends it into the grass background.  I've played around with elevations, and I can make out the outline of the water, but it's green, not blue.  Is this a limitation of the software?  Or am I modeling this wrong?

BadBanana

Hi - As far as I am aware, there is only a single colour or texture used for the 3D rendering at this time.  Water would be nice (I am facing the same issue), but I suspect it is not so trivial to implement in the software.  It would also be nice to be able to choose different colours for buildings, for example. 

Future-Digital

Flat walls for the sides of building would also be nice, in addition to something besides green.

Please?
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

Sven

Quote from: Future-Digital on October 01, 2019, 05:00:29 PMFlat walls for the sides of building would also be nice, in addition to something besides green.

Please?
+1 for the Building walls
+1 for water and other colors in 3D