News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Scale Distance between parallel tracks

Started by Dragonboy, July 18, 2019, 05:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonboy

Hi everyone. I'm just working on my first attempt at a new layout and so far so good. I've managed to produce parallel sidings using the 1 option and then spacing them further apart changing distance value to 2 or 3 or dragging track manually but I'm wondering if there is a way of working out how far apart they are in real times. I've used standard points to produce a crossover where the distance between track is a known so was wondering if it's a case of guesstimating against this known distance. Thanks.

David

You can add a ruler and then set its 'Scale' to your modeling scale.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

owl90

Hello

To measure small distances I Have made SQ's that are the size I want, I make them different colors I set the line width at 0 and Then I add the Square size into the SQ.
I save all the SQ's in a fiIe I call SQ,s. That way I always have them handy.
My SQ's Sizes run from 1/4 inch to 10 inchs
In My layers list I put SQ's layer so I can have then show or not show

Any ? let me know

Owl90[/b]

Dragonboy

Thanks David. I have set a ruler to give me an idea on placement length ways so on a 94" length I can have a rough idea of where the baseboard join is but not sure how to set the scale as you suggest. Thinking as I type, I'm wondering if I add a second ruler can I rotate this 90 degrees?

owl90

Here are some items I have made

Owl90

David

If you click on the ruler, you can set its scale using the menu at the top.
There's also the rotate function.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.