News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Setting minimum radius

Started by Nick the Cabin Boy, September 03, 2019, 09:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Cabin Boy

I have started a new plan, by taking an assembly out of another plan, and copying it to a new file, then saving as the new name, with no apparent problems

This afternoon I opened the new file, and noticed that every piece of curved flex is indicating that it is below minimum radius.  Opened Settings tab, to find that the minimum radius is set to 360mm (I'm in N, btw).  I wanted to set it to 300, but every time I do, as soon as I hit Enter, the setting changes to 914!!  I can't even get it to go back to 360.

I assume that if I exit without saving, it will go back to 360, maybe, but it's still not what I want.

Any ideas, please?

Nick the Nomad
Still in Bicheno, moving to St Helens tomorrow
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

Tom Springer

Post the plan and let people look at it?
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

Nick the Cabin Boy

OK, here it is.

Bear in mind, please, that copying to a new file removes all sections and isolators, and I haven't put them back.  I propose to change the two outer curves at the RH end to go to a loop system somewhere else in the room.

Nick the Nomad
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

Tom Springer

Nick,

Minimum radius 1 is set as 914 when I open your file, and minimum radius 2 is set as 360.

Radius 2 is supposed to be equal/greater than radius 1 (and radius 3, if not 0, then equal/greater than radius 2).  Can't change radius 2 to be lower than radius 1; if you try, it is set equal to radius 1.

But ...

If I set radius 1 to 360, then set radius 2 to 360, then change radius 1 to 914, so that radius 2 is not changed and is now violating the "must be equal/greater" rule, AnyRail is allowing me to do that, so there's a problem with that.

At least that's what I'm seeing.  Speculating this is what happened to you.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

Nick the Cabin Boy

Yes, I see what has happened!

What I see in the Settings tab is "Alert on flex too long", followed by a box showing 914 (which is, of course, the length of a piece of Peco flex).  Under that, I see "Alert on too sharp curves", followed by a box showing 360 (which should not happen anyway, because 360 is less than 914, once you realise that the three boxes are all for curve radius).

So, I was thinking that the second box was for a single entry for radius, when it is actually for the second radius (an enhancement that I had completely forgotten about!).

So, Thanks Tom!

Cheers,

Nick the Nomad