News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

X & Y resolution

Started by donone, September 19, 2019, 07:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donone

I appear to be seeing fixed curve track changing the rate of curve as it traverses from horizontal to vertical.
I am using HD monitors on Windows 10. I cannot think what else I can add.
Is it my eyes?
You only stop learning when you die.
Sometimes I think I am dead.

RCMan

Can you show us an example in a AnyRail file?

Dennis
Dennis
Bonham Texas

Future-Digital

Hello,

I suspect that you have a residual effect from the design of many types of monitors.

Many, and I mean MANY monitors have a different number of pixels from left to right per unit of measure from the number going up and down.

To simplify, and exaggerate, some monitor have 100 pixels per inch going up and down and 120 per inch going from left to right. Or, it could be the other way, I can't remember, and am too lazy to look it up.

There are several technical reasons for this, none of which are worth the trouble to explain, but most of them have to do with the simple fact that screens tend to be wider than tall.

I have seen the same thing happen. Usually it is on curved items, and it doesn't amount to much and usually causes no problems.

Don't know if there is a solution.

Hope it works out for you.

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

Keesoldscool

It's also possible to check the curve by clicking details.
Grtz. Kees