News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Printing Your Anyrail Design for Actual Construction!

Started by GTMills, September 26, 2019, 07:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTMills

I just figured out that I can print out my entire Anyrail design in 100% size so i can actually see the final build before I sink a single spike!  Heck, even all the buildings, landscape and hardscape features as well. 

I am using an Epson ET-2750 printer, but this should work with just about any ink jet.  My wife made me keep 8 BOXES!! of old-school tractor-feed computer paper that was left behind and getting tossed in the trash when a client retired and closed his medical practice down. It is a pain in the butt to separate and remove the perforated edges to use as single-feed stock, but she is funny about scrimping and saving and recycling anything she can, so...hey, she's the boss, eh?  (I sneak over to the Office Depot and pick up good stuff for my own office work, hehe.)

In the printer preferences settings, configure a sheet size 8.5" wide by the height of the longest measurement of the railroad layout section in AR design.  Choose <Draft> for fastest printing and to save ink.  (The ET-2750 has the giant re-fillable mega ink tanks.)

Count out the correct number of connected paper sections, tear at the proper count, and remove the edges.  Set the paper on top of the printer to rear-feed one full-length section at a time.

Set AR up for 100% print scaling and go.  This has got to be the easiest and most detailed pre-build setup ever!