News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

combine shape and track

Started by donone, September 18, 2019, 09:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donone

I have a 'Circle' shape and short track on top of that (diy turntable) but cannot find in the manual or menus, a way to group them or combine them so that moving the circle moves the track with it without selecting each piece when in confined space. Gluing fixes it to the page.
Help please.
You only stop learning when you die.
Sometimes I think I am dead.

David

At the moment, track cannot be grouped.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

C.R. Wagus

David,

I agree this would be a great option.  When creating bridges, turntables, etc., it would help a lot.  My work around is to create a user object that looks like a track with ties and rail showing.  Use the grid spacing to place ties parallel for your scale.  I have created several at 25', 50', 75', 100' and 150'.  If you create the longest first you can modify it by deleting tie elements (lines) as needed and moving the endpoint of the rails (lines) to get any length.  If you want to show roadbed, use the rectangular shape command.  I might modify a 50' user object to 36' for a 36' bridge in the same manner.  This track image CAN be grouped with other objects to create the desired image.  It takes a while to create the "track" image for 150' but it makes it much easier to build a user object such as a bridge or car ferry for my layout plan.  I have used the same procedure to create stairs, roof shingles, etc.

Carl