News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Problems downloading the object libraries

Started by vesto1988, October 23, 2019, 04:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vesto1988

Hello everybody, Currently I still have with the AnyRail demo version. But I get the license version but I wait until the new version comes. I assume that it will not be long 😊 I have now made an object for my own planning but I can not save this properly or you can make in the program an extra folder where you can save the objects.  I also have problems with downloading new projects clicked but there crashes the program AnyRail again and again with me when downloading. I have Current Version 6.25.5

David

Hi! Does AnyRail really crash, or does it not respond for a long time?

We've noticed that for some reason, downloading the user objects is extremely slow for some users.

To create your own user object, click on your creation (usually a group), and select 'Create user object' on the top menu. The object can then be found using the 'User objects' tab.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

vesto1988

Hello David,
In the beginning, AnyRail crashed again and again. Then last night I loaded the user objects again and that took about 3.5 hours to complete the download.

I meant that so that I as a user can create a folder where I can save my objects.
I've found this in user objects as well as my objects but I found that bit complicated because of the search, my idea was that I could create a folder myself where I can store my objects, but of course I make this available to the other user too.

David

At the moment you can move the whole set of user objects to another location, but they will always automatically be ordered by scale and manufacturer.

You can recognize your user items by the blue frame drawn around them in the objects panes.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

vesto1988

Hello,
There is the possibility for sometime an update or the new program of AnyRail which you can create your own folder where you can save the objects for the purpose of planning his model train layout. You do not have to search in the user objects first.

I have now saved something and last time the Found but today I was in it again have not found my object.
For me as a planning is the simpler if you have your own folder where you have his own objects that you created has access without you do not have to look first.

I also looked in the manual but could not read anything more.
But if I want to save the branches me not the location and the question with the release as described in the manual Actually

Have to have attached a picture with my

Tom Springer

Vesto1988,

Where AnyRail stores all of the user objects should not be important for using them.  It is the name you put into the category "Manufacturer" (English) ["Hersteller" in German] when you created your user object that is the important information.  This value is the name of the "collection" of objects to which your new object was added.  (The collection name can be one chosen from the list of existing ones available when you use the mouse to click on the downward pointer to the right of this area, or you can enter your own text into this field to define your own collection name for this, and if this "collection" does not exist, AnyRail will define it for you.  If you do not put an entry in this field, AnyRail will use "-" for the collection name.)

AnyRail keeps this collection in a Windows folder of the same name, so perhaps this is part of the confusion leading to the use of the term "folder".

It is this "collection" name that you see at the top of the screen when you are selecting which collection of existing user objects you want to open to choose an item from that collection.

Do you know what "collection" name you had in the "Manufacturer"/"Hersteller" entry when you created the object you want to find?

If you do not, you can have Windows find all of the user objects you have created using this method:

Open the AnyRail main folder (Appdata->Local->AnyRail), then search this folder and all sub-folders using the search term "udro".

From the resulting list (which would be a short list if you have not created many user objects), find the folder using the list on the right side where you have put your objects. (The list of 'names' on the left side is generated by AnyRail and your object's name will not be there, unfortunately, so ignore that information.)

Now from the list on the right, you know what "collections" you need to look at/open via the User Objects selection to find your object.

I have my own personal collection of objects, which I name ".mine"  yes, the leading dot/period is allowed in the name, so this collection appears at the beginning of the collections that User Objects shows, making it easier to find this collection.

[I used Google Translate on this append to convert it to German and then that result translated back to English, and I think my poor English translated somewhat accurately, so I hope my words are ok.]
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

vesto1988

Hi,

thanks for the tip with the file search. I have done it and have added a folder with corresponding folder designation. Subsequently, then created and saved a building itself. The program has accepted this and I was able to access my folder immediately.

But I noticed that I have the file, if I want to have direct access this must click. If I go to the other buildings I have to change this under the attitude.
That's bit complicated but works.

Can not add an icon in the program, which can be accessed directly on the folder and not first go to File -> Option and change the location so the program enters the folder

(I myself also use Google Translate because my english is bad but your words were ok and helped me a bit thanks)

vesto1988

Hi,
I have activated the notification for the topic but I have never received a message when new posts have come

Tom Springer

I am not understanding why you would want to have an icon for a user object (if that is what you meant), or an icon within AnyRail to access the user object folder (if that is what you meant).

Do you want to have the ability to be able to select that user object directly from within an open folder and have AnyRail open using it as the file, or do you want to access the user object from within AnyRail (while modifying a layout) without having to use the "User Object" option to get to the available collections, then selecting the collection you want?

If either is the situation, I do not believe that AnyRail is designed to allow either of these to work.

Can you explain the exact process/steps you want to follow to accomplish what you want?  This would make it clearer as to exactly what you would like to be able to do.

I hope that what you are not trying to do is to have multiple Windows folders of your own choice through which you can maintain the user objects you create.  AnyRail does not have that direct capability. The only choice you can have is the name of the collection in which you want to put a user object ("Manufacturer"/"Hersteller"), and AnyRail will create the Windows folder of that name in the appropriate location with the primary user objects Windows folder.

If you are trying to change the name of the collection after it has already been created, that is different.

Generally, I think there probably is very little that a user should never need to change regarding the names and locations of the AnyRail user objects.
Tom Springer

vesto1988

Hi
I mean that you can get your own objects created immediately with the corresponding icon or the corresponding folder in the bar that you do not have to search properly.

This is also an idea or a suggestion that you maybe in the future sometime with einpflegt.
I would like to first design my system that I have ever been building. That I can look behind me the Corresponding manufacturers if the building I like it.

I have tried this in the Windows folder and have only created a folder and closing AnyRail has the file with the subfolder saved this I have tried only once and of course have this back again so the AnyRail works properly for me

Tom Springer

I still do not understand what your wish is for that is not already present.

A user object can be any line or AnyRail surface, or a group of them.  Select the item (line/surface/group) you want and this icon appears at the top right side of the AnyRail screen:

objects icon.png

You can then use it, or just right-click on the mouse, and the information box is placed on the screen for you to fill in with the necessary information; the "Manufacturer" name (which can be anything you want) is the collection where the new object is placed.  That this is physically done by using this 'name' to make a Windows folder should not matter; there is no need to actually know the physical storage location in order to create and use user objects.

To use a user object, selecting the User Objects option then shows a selection list from the available collections; in my case it looks like this:

object collection list.png

Selecting the entry "Faller...Lilliput Lane" would then shows all of the collections whose (Manufacturer) name falls alphabetically between Faller and Lilliput Lane, allowing then the appropriate collection to then be selected.

Is something being "lost" in the language translation, I do not know. I must not be understanding some part of this.
Tom Springer