News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

JMRI Export Questions

Started by RCMan, December 08, 2019, 07:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMan

Can export to JMRI just fine but have few questions.

1. The layout is very large and even if I hide some layers of track, the track is still exported to the JMRI XML file.  Can I just export what layers I have displayed in AnyRail? Like having a yard only?

2. Turning all options off does not get rid of the Big circles over each turnout in JMRI. What option will turn that Off?

Dennis
Dennis
Bonham Texas

inobu

Dennis,

I sometimes break up the layout into different files and roll them into JMRI. What I do is turn off the layer that I want to send to JMRI and delete everything visible and save the file name as XXXX_yard. After that file is saved  I undo the delete, turn on all layers on and repeat. The light bulb at the top of the layers will turn everything on or off.

Don't let these little bugs cause you to waste time. I don't know how much time I wasted chasing little bugs when I've got a big layout to do. You can set the circle size to 1 or change the color to white or gray and you wont see it.

Make a quirk list and come back to them in your clean up phase. Get it built there's some many hurdles that you will run into anyway. 

Inobu   

David

The circles are a JMRI feature.
You can turn these off in JMRI PanelPro, in Options/Turnout Options/Show Turnout Circles.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.