News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Storage of parts list / section list / labeling list

Started by vesto1988, December 19, 2019, 04:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vesto1988

Hi
Is it possible to save this in the form of a PDF file if I save the parts list / section list / labeling list or is it only possible in the TEXT file (* .text)?

Tom Springer

Have you tried to use the Print option (Save... Print... Close) to print as a PDF file?
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

vesto1988

Hi,
yes I tried it but it does not work because I always have to change something in my planning I do not want to print this out again and again (cost reasons) and first have it in digital form. I can save the planning as a PDF file / JPG file but not the parts list / section list / labeling list

Tom Springer

Not sure exactly what you are saying, so I'll try this way ...have you explicitly tried to use the PRINT option when looking at the List of Materials (for example)?  This is not the Export->PDF option, but when looking at the Info sections, the PRINT option in the 'Save... Print... Close' section.  When using this PRINT option, it should bring up a box where you choose the printer to use, and, presuming your Windows has a printer installed that prints the file as a PDF - almost all Windows levels these days have a printer for doing that - select that printer.

This what I get:
Clipboard01.jpg

Tom Springer

vesto1988

Hello Tom Springer,

they are trying to explain to me how to print the file, the function works for me too. My question was about saving as: PDF?

I don't want to print the file every time that costs money and ink.
I keep changing the plan and the number of tracks and I don't want to put thousands of sheets here. Regarding my origin question was: can you save this file as a PDF file.

I also use the Google translator for English translation. I can also like to write in my mother tongue but there is trouble from the admin.

Tom Springer

I am saying how to print the information as a PDF file, so you get a PDF file stored on your computer, and not printing the information on paper.  In your mind, where you see the word "print" (Drucken) assume the wording was "Create a file" (Erstellen Sie eine Datei / eine Datei erstellen)

(I hope these are correct translations into German.  I envy everyone who can speak English as an additional language.  I never could learn any additional human languages, and barely speak my own English language correctly at times.)

If the confusion is about the Windows printer that produces and saves a "print" as a PDF file, open "Devices and Printers" and see if you have a printer that has this ability to print (produce/create) PDF files (probably has PDF in the printer's name); that is the printer you would need to use.

Tom Springer

vesto1988

Good evening,

I tried it and it works on the printer, but I personally find it a bit complicated because I have to change the printer. I would be happy if the function was asked directly when saving.

Tom Springer

At least there is a current method that can work for you.  Maybe once David gets V7 complete, a "Save as PDF" or something like that can be considered.
Tom Springer

Future-Digital

Well, since this is a "Wish List" section, and someone ELSE brought it up. Can I wish for version 7 for Christmas?

Don't expect I'll get it, but I'll wish for it.

Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings for All!
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx