News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Measurements

Started by mpc84, February 09, 2020, 12:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpc84

Hi all,

First time post.
I'm hoping someone can help out. My measurements on screen are not matching when I put an actual ruler up to the screen. For example, onscreen reads 30.5cm whereas physical ruler is reading 28.6cm. This is at 1:1 scale onscreen. Is this a screen resolution issue or something else? I am using Version 6.27.0.
Any help appreciated as I would like to do some printing but not under this issue.

mpc84

If in incorrect Forum, can Admin advise on change please

Keesoldscool

It is correct, that 1:1 scale on screen isn't 1:1 physical. Just go to 'File', then 'Export as', choose 'as jpg' and then view the .jpg.
You will see it's 1:1 then.
Grtz. Kees

mpc84

That hasn't worked. And converting to pdf hasn't worked either. Is there a reason why the onscreen 1:1 isn't actually 1:1?

Tom Springer

The scaling is meant to be for printing on paper.

1:1 shown on one's monitor so a ruler could be placed against the monitor is most likely not going to print as 1:1 on paper ... would need a whole new 'scaling' option/method imho.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

BadBanana

Printing to paper from AnyRail should be true to the selected scale in the print options.  If you export to PDF, then depending on the PDF generation options and if the PDF is then printed at actual size then that should also be accurate.  The on-screen can never be exact, since Windows has no knowledge of the physical pixel dimensions on the screen.  If I want a paper copy at any specific scale I always print direct from AnyRail - the multi-page feature is valuable for 1:1 layouts.

mpc84

Did a test print and measurements are correct on the page. Thanks to all for responses